Lynn R. Loud was born on April 4, 1967 as the second oldest child and older son of Richard L. Loud Jr. and Lauren Loud (nee Walsh), and a member of the socially prominent Loud family. He was baptized as a Catholic later that year on April 20 at St. Paul's Cathedral by Cardinal Enzo Gabrielli, the Archbishop of Royal Woods, his godparents are his maternal grandparents, Alan Walsh and Alana Walsh. Lynn has some English, Irish, Italian, and German ancestry. When Lynn was about a year old, his grandfather, Richard Loud Sr. retired and his father, Richard Jr. took over as CEO. Like his father, Richard Jr., his grandfather, Richard Sr. and his great-grandfather, Alfred, Lynn R. is athletic and played for a football team, the Royal Woods Roosters, and won five trophies. He was also part of the Royal Woods FC, a local soccer club that won him 4 trophies, his friends there included Jerome Cornheiser, Charles Davis, and Raphael Santiago. Lynn I studied business in the University of Oxford in England from 1986 to 1990, and there, he enjoyed British culture himself. In 2000, his father, Richard Jr. retired and Lynn I succeeded him as Chairman and CEO of Loud Industries.
Eau de Loud and Loud Cosmetics
Sometime in 1994, Lynn created a fragrance called the Eau de Loud, the fragrance became popular in the United States, and eventually, the whole world, earning Lynn I a staggering $2.5 billion. In 1995, Lynn I created a subsidiary for Loud Industries called Loud Cosmetics, which sells makeup, perfumes, fragrances, hair sprays, hair dyes, hair gels, and many more cosmetic products.
Marriage and children
In 1995, Lynn I traveled to New York City to attend a dinner party at the Plaza Hotel, and there, he met a debutante named Margaret Vanderbilt, who is 10 years his junior and is a direct descendant of Cornelius Vanderbilt. They fell in love at the party, and had dated for three years. Rita converted to Catholicism sometime in 1998 shortly before their wedding. They married at the St. Paul's Cathedral in Royal Woods on June 20, 1998. They have 11 children:
Lorraine Vanderbilt Loud (born March 15, 1999)
Leniere Vanderbilt "Lena" Loud (born April 18, 2000)
Anne Vanderbilt Loud (born February 18, 2001)
Cornelia Luan Loud (born March 31, 2002)
Lynn Vanderbilt Loud (born May 7, 2003)
Richard Lincoln Loud III (born February 1, 2005)
Lacey Claypoole Loud (born October 30, 2007)
Alana Vanderbilt Loud (born January 1, 2010)
Delores Vanderbilt Loud (born January 1, 2010)
Elizabeth Mary "Lizzy" Loud (born July 3, 2012)
Lauren Louise Loud (born June 1, 2015)
Order of St. Sylvester
In 2003, as a reward for donating $1 billion to Catholic Charities USA, Lynn Loud I was made a knight of the Order of Pope Saint Sylvester by Pope John Paul II, the investiture was hosted by Cardinal Frederick Bottcher in St. Paul's Cathedral. The order was named after Pope Sylvester I, and had been created in 1905 from the Order of the Golden Militia.
Friendship with Maria Santiago
Lynn R. Loud met a nurse, Maria Santiago, when he was dining with the Santiago family, at the time, she was known as Maria Casagrande. Lynn R. had met Maria again in 1998 when his brother, Lucas, was shot. Maria nursed Lucas back to health while her sister in-law, Mary Santiago, performed surgery on him to remove the bullets from his body, and Lynn and Maria became friends. For this service, Lynn promised Maria that any children that she has will become his godchildren. Lynn kept his word and stood godfather to Bobby and Ronnie Anne, and took responsibility for their religious education.
Relation to the Medici family
Lynn R. Loud is a direct descendant of Lorenzo de' Medici and his younger brother, Giuliano de' Medici, through his mother, Lauren Walsh Loud. He also descended from Cosimo I de' Medici, the first Grand Duke of Tuscany.
Lynn R. is very loving and caring to his kids, and wanted them in various positions of power. He is also very loving to his wife, Rita, and acts playfully romantic towards her. He shows nepotism by planning to have his son, Richard, and his daughter, Lori, take over his company should he either retire or die. Lynn R. is also very authoritative and bossy to his employees and his business executives and is very business oriented when it comes to his corporation. Despite his bossiness towards his employees, he also displays a childlike side, sometimes taking part in his children's antics, and he also turns to his subordinates for advice when he needs to. He is also a devout Catholic, often seen praying to God.
Lynn R. also enjoys jokes despite being a serious businessman. Lynn R. also enjoys Cornelia's funny jokes and puns. He also enjoys drinking wine: red wine, white wine, champagne, etc. and keeps a collection of wine in his room and in his home's basement, but he only drinks occasionally at social events.
Like his distant cousin, Lynn Loud Sr., Lynn R. Loud also has brown hair that is thinning on the top, however, unlike Lynn Sr., Lynn R. wears a black suit with a green tie and a crucifix pin on the left lapel roll, and wears black dress shoes. The most distinguishable difference between Lynn Sr. and Lynn R. is that Lynn R. has a celtic cross tattooed on his right upper arm and an Irish flag tattooed on his left lower arm, which represents his Irish heritage, an Italian flag tattooed on his left upper arm, which represents his Italian heritage, and an English flag tattooed above the Italian flag tattoo, which represents his Anglo-Saxon heritage.
When he was younger, his hair was combed backwards.
- He looks like the regular face from TLH Season 2 but, in Season 1, he shows his face.
- He looks totally different from the TLH Version. But with the same face.
- Out of his children, he is closest to Lori, Luna, Luan, Lynn, Richard, and Lana.
- Lynn I has characteristics that some of his children inherited from him
- Luna: Love for music, love for Mick Swagger, and British accent
- Luan: Sense of humour
- Lynn: Love of sports
- Richard: Love of sports
- It was revealed in One With The Christ, that Lynn stood godfather to Bobby and Ronnie Anne Santiago at their baptisms.
- Lynn R. Loud is similar to Rodrigo Borgia: Both are patriarchs of their respective families, both wanted to keep power and wealth in their families, both are nepotistic and both used bribery to either get what they want, or get their family members and family allies out of trouble. However, unlike Borgia, Lynn is no murderer, does not host orgies, and does not have mistresses.
- Lynn R. Loud is based on Lorenzo de' Medici, they both run their respective cities (Royal Woods in Lynn R.'s case, Florence in Lorenzo's case).
- Lynn is hoping to secure the Presidency for his family and get one of his family members elected President of the United States.
- Lynn Richard is similar to Sonny LoSpecchio from A Bronx Tale. Both act as father figures to their respective friends (Sonny: Calogero Anello, Lynn Richard: Lincoln Loud). Both are well respected businessmen. Unlike Sonny, who did not get along with Calogero’s father, Lorenzo, Lynn Richard and Lincoln’s father, Lynn Sr. are able to get along very well, despite the fact that Lynn Sr. wants to distance himself from Loud Industries for its corrupt history thanks to Lynn Richard’s forefathers who ran Loud Industries. Also, unlike Sonny, many people love Lynn Richard.